Take a tour of the Historic Houses and Grounds of Odessa, Delaware. Click on the main images to learn more.
The wooden water pump in front of the Pump House Circa 1780 named for it is indicative of the public nature of the center of town.
The pump was a necessity for thirsty travelers who otherwise would have had to beg a drink from a resident or purchased it at a livery stable.
P.O. Box 697
Odessa, DE 19730